Lithuanian Heritage Magazine is the leading publication about Lithuania and Lithuanians in the English language. Its readers are those of Lithuanian descent and their non-Lithuanian friends in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Lithuania, and many other countries. Its content is informative, educational, and entertaining. Every bimonthly issue brings articles, stories, photographs, and illustrations about a variety of subjects and themes of interest to those who want to know more about Lithuania, its past, present, and future.
Some of the topics covered in past issues include:
- Interesting and unusual highlights of early and modern Lithuanian history.
- Famous Lithuanian personalities of the past and present who helped shape Lithuanian, American, and world events.
- Brave Lithuanian kings, dukes, and warriors who extended Lithuania’s borders from the Baltic to the Black Sea.
- Stories, myths, legends, and fairytales about maidens with amber-colored hair, and young warriors who risked their lives to rescue and protect them.
- Legendary gods of the sea, land, and thunder.
- Unusual historic, artistic, architectural, and tourist attractions.
- Traveling tips, where to stay and eat, where to go, and what to see.
- Folk art, native costumes, holidays, language, customs and traditions.
- Searching for your Lithuanian “roots”.
- Lithuanian immigration, and places and events associated with it.
- What’s happening in Lithuania today, and in Lithuanian communities around the world.
- Lithuanian food recipes.
- Heritage Marketplace (books about Lithuania, maps, music CDs and cassettes, amber, folk art, and gifts).
- ... and much much more...